Sunday, March 04, 2007

Catching up

It feels like it has been so long since I have actually had a decent chunk of knitting time let alone actually finished anything, so it is with a feeling of relief that I have managed to finish the happy feet socks.




Cleckheaton Marino Bambino knit on 2.5mm circs.

All yarn was from the same dyelot, yet one sock pooled and the other didn't.

The softness of this yarn more than makes up for any misbehaviour of the colours.

Bright and cheerful, a nice contrast to the gray of Shedir.

I came home from tafe on Friday to find one of thos little slips in the letterbox saying I had to go to the post office and pick up a parcel. I am expecting a few things soonish but nothing just right now so spent all night wondering what it was.
I ended up deciding it must be some promotional materials from Yarn magazine for a display I am putting together for my studies. Yes I managed to include knitting in an assignment :).

Miss B and I went to the post office Saturday morning to find it wasn't what I was thinking at all. It wasn't any of the things I thought it might have been.

Kimberly had sent me a belated birthday present. I had no idea this was coming which made opening the parcel even more fun. Of course Miss B insisted I open it all before we got home and is now trying to claim the knitting notebook.






Coffee, Lindt chocolate, notebook with divided sections for notes on needles and patterns, tea and yarn.

Yummy Yummy alpaca/silk yarn from Misti Alpaca. This is one of those yarns I have been seen about on line and have been dreaming about. Now I have my very own to to go and pet every 5 minutes. It is so, so soft. Thankyou so much Kimberly.

Something else I bought a few weeks ago, but is still in hiding as it is to be a gift, was some yarn from Lynne. As much as I can't show you the yarn right now and the colours are not what I would have chosen personally, I love the yarn. It is soft and there are lots of colours I want. The service was friendly and fast, with Lynne happily responding to my request of using money order.

I have been avoiding this site purely because I don't trust myself not to order any more yarn from her now that I know just how nice it is. But that doesn't mean I can't send you over there :P Go on, have a look.

Happy Shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what lovely pooling!! Isn't that very strange?? Wool has a mind off its own. What a lovely surprise parcel!! I love Lady Grey Tea though I'm Irish Breakfasting today!! It is cooler and we are all feeling much better today and looking forward to 21*C tomorrow, perhaps.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I am glad I could make your day! And that yarn IS awesome to pet when you are feeling down. :)
=:8