Saturday, August 05, 2006

And it's done!!!

Thanks to Tigers who suggested I work on it for just a little bit each time I knit before I pick up what I actually felt like knitting, the never ending shawl actually ended.
Well it's cast off and now I have to wash it and figure out how to pin it out. I haven't done this before so me and pins, um yeah.

I have joined the Central Park Hoodie KAL and of course I want to start right now. It doesn't start till September.
Do you think they would mind if I started early? You know, just swatched..... and kept knitting?
I would still finish late as assignments and things will get in the way later.

Oh Ok I'll wait.

And make a cup of tea and read blogs. It would help if I had actually boiled the kettle first. That mouthful of lukewarm tea when you are expecting nice hot tea is just gross.

And just cause it has been looking incredibly lonely and unloved I picked up the blue opal sock. It now has a heel. Lets see how long it takes to actually get a foot.


2 comments:

Tigers said...

Yay, it's finished. Well done!
Took you less time than I thought it would too.

We might have to hold each others yarn until the KAL starts in September, I can't wait either.

Sharon said...

Each time I walk past the yarn for the Hoodie I have to show restraint as it is so tempting to cast on!!!

So glad that you are joining too.