Monday, December 31, 2007

Last FO for the year!

Rosedale United is done. The last finished project for 2007.

I went with the rolled neck after all, I just didn't decrease as many stitches as before and I am much happier with it than I was yesterday.
It is looking even better now that it has had a bath and is now snoozing on the trampoline, waiting for the cats to keep it company while it dries.


Yarn: Noro Kureyon col148 - 10 balls
Needles: 5mm Addis
Modifications:
I made this longer; almost 20cms longer. I seem to need to make most patterns longer, but lately it seems that every jumper I make I am adding more and more centimetres to each garment.
I skipped the intarsia rectangle as I felt with all the colours this jumper is busy enough.
I also decreased about 20 stitches less than what the pattern stated for the neck band.
Notes:
I really wasn't too sure whether I was liking this very much while I was making it due to there being a lot more baby pooh brown in the mix than I had counted on. It wasn't until I had knit the sleeves and the body, joined them and started decreasing for the yoke that it all started coming together and the colours seemed to fit in a way I could live with.
Now I am looking forward to the weather cooling down and this being a very warm, cheery jumper on a cold grey day.

2 comments:

2paw said...

The socks, the beret and now the jumper: you are quite pink!!! Lovely knitting!! Wishing you a belated Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!!!

knightlyknitter.wordpress.com said...

Oh, and it looks like it is so pretty (I'm mentally adjusting it back to the purpleyness of the previous pics). And I hear you've been having hot hot hot weather - how unhelpful!!! I look forward to the modelled shot in cooler days to come :>
Congrats on a Fabulous FO!