Monday, July 16, 2007

Early morning happenings

Miss B went to her Nanna's last night and so wasn't here for our evening meal. Chicken Schnitzel, mashed potato, corn on the cob , carrot, brocoli, beans and gravy.

Yay! Extra mashed potato for me.

I then spent the night dreaming about eating the extra piece of schnitzel for breakfast.

As those of you with teenagers in your households know, this is a big deal.
There are never leftovers after a meal and if by some miracle there are, they are quickly claimed by the constantly hungry teenager.
(If teenagers don't claim the leftovers, the cats are next in line.)

I got up this morning thinking about schnitzel, put on some socks cause it's cold and started walking out to the kitchen.

I get to the doorway of my bedroom and UGH!!!
Slushy. Wet. Sock.
During the night Lucy somehow picked up on my breakfast plans and decided to let me know she didn't approve.

I am not hungry now, I have odd socks on and Lucy is sleeping with a big grin on her face.






I think I'll go and knit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love leftovers for breakfast!! I love Winter food too, very comforting. I am glad I don't have a disapproving cat!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I much prefer my food in leftover version. I don't even heat it up. I love cold leftovers. Speaking of which, where's that fried rice?

Naughty Lucy!