Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ribby Pullover

Here is the start of the Ribby Pullover.





Ok so it's half done and I am already thinking grey wasn't such a good idea colour wise.

It is nice after the brightness of the cleckheaton country silk, but depending on the lighting this looks grey/ muddy brown.



Remind me that it really wouldn't hurt to make myself a jumper in black.



I loved knitting the body in the round. The sleeves not so much.
Ribbing and DPN's is a combination that I can manipulate easily enough. I just don't like to, therefore sleeves progress very slowly.

I am considering buying a small circular to do the other sleeve on.

This is something I probably should avoid; I can envision the different sized sleeves already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the jumper looks absolutely lovely!

Strangely although I wear a lot of black I have never knit anything much that is black!

Unknown said...

I love the color!!! I must be weird? Yeah, you might want to avoid changing needles at this stage. I too, hate dpns and sleeve knitting. I am forcing myself to do the kid sweater sleeves in the round,stranded work, but I will use 2 circs!

knightlyknitter.wordpress.com said...

I have been eyeing that pattern for a year or two now - you'll have to give a definitive verdict when it's done, so I know if I should plunge or not...
And grey - you can dress that up with so many colours! And silver necklaces and whatnot..And it will look FAB with jeans!!

chocolatetrudi said...

Love the grey. It's not the most inspiring colour to knit, but it's great to wear and match with other clothes.

Black? Well, it might hurt... your eyes. I've knit one black cardigan, and I had to sit under a good bright lamp if I knit at night or on dull days.

Diane said...

I love the grey. It'll go with so many different colors.