Wednesday, December 14, 2005

About the green sock

It is done, finally. It was the first pair of socks I ever started. I had finished the first one and then done the leg of the second before I ran out of yarn and left it for months.

Can I tell you just how ugly these socks are? They are green. Green is ok but not this green . They are acrylic .100% acrylic.
They are long, up to my knees. They are ribbed with a 4,3 rib.
I have ladders between every plain and purl and yet from purl to plain it is fine. I have no idea why........ a tension issue perhaps???

The only reason I finished these socks is that I like to keep them as a reminder of how much better my sock knitting has become.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to have something to remind you of how far you have come. I was at my sisters a while bck and noticed a tiny blue baby jumper. I picked it up, turned it out, and noticed that there were hundreds of little ends poking out. (It was striped). I realised i had made it for my nephew (now 16) when he was a baby. It was lopsided and untidy, but I was so pleased to see it. It's been through 3 babies now, LOL!